5/26/2013

Sleep deprivation solution : gelato

So as it turns out, the Eurolines bus didn't drop us off where I thought it was going to and so I only had to walk 10 minutes to get to my hostel! Once I got a map and got my bearings, that is, because I was so lost for a few minutes...

The hostel is pretty nice. The wifi is really good, there are no bunk beds (they're normal beds, woohoo) and there's a fully equipped kitchen. Shortly after I got here a Canadian dude came in so I had a conversation buddy for a while. Then I decided to just head out and do some exploring. But the first picture I actually took from the bus window at sunrise. That's a snowcapped mountain, people! It was awesome! That was before we got to Milan.


And the results of my day in Florence:

Believe it or not, only one of those pictures is edited. The sky really was that blue. It was INCREDIBLE.

So this is the Duomo...






And here are some pictures of Ponta Vecchio. It was also really awesome. Tomorrow I'm gonna go out later around sunset to see it, but I'm so exhausted today.







'


This is the gelato I had after today, strawberry and mango/peach flavored. Once I had that in my hand, all I could think was "I'd be perfectly happy just wandering around Florence all day eating gelato..." and really I would, but that would be bad for me...


This is where I got it.



And last but not least, I have FINALLY found a store selling the shoes I want so desperately to buy. They were so popular in France over the winter but then "Spring" came and they disappeared from all the stores. They're kind of expensive though :( I'm gonna try to find them online. And don't fret, Mother (even though I know you don't read this) but I'm just planning on getting a tan pair. Although the green are really cool.




And on an unrelated note, this happened:


That was not a simple typing error. There are so many languages swarming around my brain that all spelling has gone out the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment