5/07/2013

Overnight Transportation: Your Worst Enemy

May 1

On our last day in Prague we decided to just walk around and grab some souvenirs before we had to find our way back to the train station to head to Zurich.

Also, Amanda got one of those pastries that's impossible to remember how to spell.


A big about the train station: one can definitely tell one is in a much older station. In Berlin and Zurich and even Rennes the train stations are filled with stores and all of the sings are automatic. This station was a compleeeetely different story. What you can see in the picture is basically about all there was.



But on the train (before the endlessly long night began) I had one of the best experiences EVER. It got kind of hot in our little cabin so I wanted to open the window...and then I stuck my face out.

It. Was. Incredible.



As you can see, the countryside is beautiful. Imagine sticking your head out a window and seeing that! 


And here's how it feels...add 60+mph winds and you've got the basic idea. I was screaming "WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" because I was so ecstatic. I felt like I was in an old-timey movie!


Since I don't have much to say about this day, I'm going to take another moment to warn you NOT to take overnight transport if you have the choice. We did it because we're students and therefore we're poor. If you have the option, I'd reeeallly consider finding another way.

I think I already wrote about our terrible bus experience to Berlin and this one wasn't quite as bad, but it was still not any fun at all and we didn't really get much sleep. First it was incredibly hot in the cabin, then we ended up stopping somewhere random in Germany for over an hour, then it was FREEZING cold in the cabin. Not to mention we were sitting in seats that didn't recline at all for about 14 hours.

Another thing: it's only supposed to take 6 hours to get from Prague to Zurich. We ended up going alllllll the way back to Berlin before we got to Zurich. But hey, live and learn.

I still advise against it. We spent basically the entire next day in our hotel room sleeping. I was so tired I passed out with my legs hanging halfway off the bed, on my stomach, with my phone in my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment