5/30/2013

Rainy day reflexions

Sooooo it's rainy today. But I actually have written these over an extended period of time so the title is a little deceptive. Sorrryyyyyyy. And a warning: a little while through, you might notice a change in font. I've been trying for 5 minutes to fix it but it's just not happening. My apologies ahead of time, even though I know it isn't that big of a deal.

Anyway, first reflexion: How can an "x" make the a "ksh" noise like in reflexion? Or a "ks" noise like in mix? Or a "z" noise? Like in xylophone? 

What's the point of a letter that doesn't even have its own SOUND?!

Well anyway....

I just read my horoscope for the month of May and found some surprisingly relevant things:

"From May 20th forward:... You are sorting through the experiences of the last several months, separating the worthwhile from the worthless. This is a good time to build your skills, to get organized, and to attend to your health and wellbeing…Your self-esteem and your ego are tied up in the work you do and in the services you give...It's time to bring order to your life by focusing on the little things that make up the whole. This cycle presents an opportunity to get rid of what doesn't work in your life, while also discovering what does. You could seek distinction and strive towards perfection in your work. Efficiency should be your goal now. Your physical health, as well as the relationship between your body and your mind, are in focus."

So obviously this has been happening; I’ve come to the end of my time in France and I’m sorting through my life and everything I’ve learned. That much is obvious. I also thought the bit about physical health was interesting because I’ve been worrying (borderline obsessing?) about how much my general health declined in France. Not that there’s any evidence, it’s just how I feel…but anyway, I’ve got plans to start running again once I get back to the states. That is going to feel so good.

And secondly:

This transit acts to completely reshape your self-image. The changes inside of you are magnificent, and they spill out of you through different mannerisms, a new look, and a brand new way of presenting yourself to others. This is a time when you are reclaiming your personal power. "Life is what you make it"--you live and breathe this concept now. The things or even people that have held you back from being who you really are tend to be left behind during this transit, although the process can be difficult. Superficial attitudes or manners of self-expression no longer do it for you!

So I’m pretty excited for this change, whatever it will be : ) As you’ve seen throughout the last entries, I’ve been making a small effort to change my physical appearance to be, oh I don’t really know…more European? Less bland? I’m going to make a strict point of not including so much black and gray in my wardrobe as I usually do. It’s so boring…I’m sure I’ll still use mostly muted colors, but at least it’s not gray! I can’t wait to get back to America and shop in thrift stores again. I have missed it so much…

Anyway I just like when my horoscope is really relevant to my life so I figured I’d include it because it’s also relevant to the blog.

I've been thinking a little bit about what it means to be an adult, because for a little while I really have felt like one...and then I started thinking, what's it take to be an adult? Because I'm pretty sure I've got the whole "functioning on my own" thing down...however, there is a large difference between me and an adult: the whole "full-time job and bill paying" thing. Right now, this is just practice for real adulthood. This is me spending money that I'll pay off when I'm actually a grown up. But I figure it's a necessary step to adulthood, that's for sure.

I’m so proud of myself. This is the first time in my life where I’ve been truly happy with what I’m doing and 100% able to say that I got myself here almost completely on my own. It doesn’t bother me that I got some help along the way though. What would be the point of human contact if we didn’t help one another out every now and then?


On another note, I just realized that if I were still in France I would be in front of my class teaching English right now : (

Anyway, what I did today:

I waited until Dave, my hostel mate, got up because I wanted to ask him if he wanted to go to the market to the sandwich place. But luckily I didn’t even have to ask him, he asked me! So I got another panino and then we went to the best Italian bakery in Florence (according to the internet) and I got this:



It was pretty yummy :)

Then we walked up to the Rose Gardens and that area again, and then we just walked around until we came back here to the hostel. It was nice to not be alone! But I think I may have forgotten how to socialize. And I kept just wanting to blab about France but I had to eventually shut up because I knew it wasn’t interesting, plus it’s a habit that I have to get out of because everyone at home will get sick of it pretty quickly. So I’m sorry in advance if I have troubles limiting that…





And last but not least, I found (or rather Charlotte found) a picture of the haircut that I HATE. It's not exactly this, but this is as close as I can get.


So imagine this haircut on a scrawny teenage "athletic" boy wearing, say, a ridiculous looking red sweatsuit and leather adidas shoulder bag (aka man purse) who has the whole "I'm too cool for this world" attitude going on.

Plus the top is a little longer and he put in a ton of hair gel to make it look slightly spiky. And you have one of the ugliest hairstyles I've ever seen.



And last but not least: right now I'm sitting in the hostel room drinking a tisane and browsing the web and Dave is playing his guitar. This is a nice last day in Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment