2/14/2013

Valentine's Day!


So as I'm sure you know, today is Valentine's Day.

My friends and I decided to do a sort of "secret Santa" except for choosing our Valentines! I really love coming up with gifts for people so I was pretty happy :) And for some reason, I decided to take a picture of my breakfast.

As usual, I had cereal. Here you can see our cloth napkins and the different containers that milk and orange juice come in! And also the REAL CHUNKS OF CHOCOLATE in my cereal. So good.

I had Tanya for my Valentine, but I forgot to take pictures of what I got and made for her. I'm sure she'll post them soon enough so I'll update soon. However I'll just tell you now: I got her an 8-pack of Bueno bars, a candy bar she really loves, a Brittany shot glass (don't worry people, she's 21 :p) and I made her a coloring book :)

Amanda had me though, and this is what she got:
On the left is a card all in French. Then there's chocolate (soo goooood), dried fruit (because she and I have bonded over our love of pruneaux!) and almond paste..aka marzipan. She got that because one day we were walking around the store and I told her how much I love to eat it. So she got it! I wasn't expecting the gift to be so thoughtful so I'm very very thankful to have such a great friend :)
This is the other side of the card that she made me.
And this evening, we went to go see Cyrano de Bergerac at the Theatre National de Bretagne (missing some accents, I know). I'm not in that picture, by the way.

The play was...different. It was a modern version, so all of the action took place in one big room...the setting was a mental hospital, and the inpatients put on the play. It was weird, but interesting. I would have liked to have seen the original version, because it's more romantic and it is, after all, Cyrano de Bergerac, but this was free so I'm happy with what I saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment