2/22/2013

Pancakes

Amanda's host brother and sister wanted pancakes...so we made them! Sooo sooo happy to be back in a kitchen doing my own thing (things I'll never be able to live without: my own kitchen).
I lit this stovetop old-fashioned style! I thought I didn't even burn my hand off.
We thought they weren't going to turn out right because French flour is different from American and we couldn't find baking powder at the grocery store....
But it turns out Amanda's mom had some! It's called "levure 'alsacienne'" for some reason...Oh, wikipedia says that's a brand. Anyway, our pancakes were perfect :)
Amanda was obviously happy to have her pancakes.
I made two in Mickey Mouse shapes! And ate them both myself. Oh but I loooove nutella. People said I'd be eating a ton of it here, but actually this is only the second time I've had it.
Eventually Kelsey showed up but everything was already made by them. She's always late :p
That's supposed to be Mickey, even if he does look like a deranged koala bear...









1 comment: