2/18/2013

Collège Jean-Moulin

It's already Monday again, somehow...time passes more quickly here than ever in my life before! It's a good thing that I'm enjoying myself so much, since time seems to drag when I'm not content with my life, but it's sad that before I know it I'll be back in America.

Today was the third sunny day in a row. Look at that sky, it's pure blue! Not one single cloud! It's incredible. The air was sweet today, I could taste the growing grass in the most wonderful way possible.

But it was a big day for me regardless of the weather, which just made it even more wonderful. At 1:30 I finally got to meet the teacher with whom I'll be doing in internship! The school is the brown building in the picture below. 

We spoke almost exclusively in French, which was wonderful, and she (her name is Madame Ollivier, if you were curious) said that I don't have a strong American accent which was great to hear. I was nervous to go meet her, especially since the school isn't even in Rennes (it's in a suburb called Saint Jaques) so it was a far commute. Luckily I got there right on time, as planned, and everything went perfectly.

I'm excited to teach, but as we talked I quickly realized how little I know about the technical and organized side of actually teaching a course. Madame Ollivier (who is no older than 30, I must add, because calling someone Madame makes them sound older) was very nice and seemed invested in really teaching me how to properly run a course. 

Funny moment, though: when Madame Ollivier was giving me a tour one of the students, who was about 12, said "Ah, c'est la nouvelle!" (in English "Oh, it's the new girl!). I was already happy to be back in a school environment so I was smiling and when he said that I couldn't help but laugh a little. 

But alas, the night is awaiting me! It's English night at O'Connel's pub and I need to make sure I get to talk to the friend I made last week.

This is the stop I wait at to get back into Rennes from the school!
On the bus! The weirdest thing I noticed about these buses is that some of the seats are placed facing each other...that's just awkward, if you ask me, to sit and stare at a stranger? No thank you, I say to that, so I usually stand.
This is the contraption you use to open the doors when you want to get off. Sometimes, for some reason, the button doesn't work and you have to yell up to the driver, "La porte, s'il vous plaît!"

No comments:

Post a Comment