2/10/2013

A few more adjustments...

And here are updates to Email Series #2

This household is not perfect...the only household that is perfect for me are my parents' houses or when  I live on my own. I think I was in the honeymoon phase of culture shock when I wrote that. However, I don't hold it against them that it isn't the perfect household. I still reaaaalllly like it here and that's what matters, not the little things that I don't like.

I haven't been going out as much, to bars I mean, because my classes start too early and it's wayyy to expensive. I have discovered a love for mojitos though. Sugar and mint, that's literally all I taste in them. And you can make them last FOREVER by eating the mint leaves :p Oh, the college life...

Since sending the email on Jan 23, I've stuck to using the subject vous with Monique. So far she hasn't told me to use tu, which I'm supposed to wait for, so I guess I made the right decision? I use tu with my host dad though, so I still find it kind of bizarre.

Oh, and I still haven't gotten a haircut. My friend Amanda said she'd do it for me if I buy scissors, so she's been watching youtube tutorials and we'll see how it goes! I'm hoping to get that done by the end of next weekend...

And I was correct about the Nantes trip. It was VERY damp...aka freaking TEMPESTS. My friend's umbrella flipped inside-out and then broke...it was crazy. Also I forgot to mention in my other Nantes post that for dinner one night, my friends and I just bought bread, cheese, and meat (like cured ham or whatever) and had that for dinner. It was sooooo cheap (4 euro per person, unheard of!) and delicious.

Also I went to a fest-noz! (The Breton party thing, in case you forgot). I didn't dance; there were sooo many people and I didn't know the dances, but I'll also make a separate post about that because it was pretty interesting.

I still love Brittany just as much now as I did a few weeks ago! If not more...yesterday I had a crepe filled with honey. Literally filled so much that it was leaking honey out the sides...it was heaven.


Oh, and this is what I do to count my money when I'm going to pay for something. I still can't tell exactly which coin is which when they're all jumbled in my wallet so I just make a fool of myself and lay them all out, face up, on my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment