2/22/2013

Something just clicked

I was laying bed perusing Facebook and other social media sites after a night out and it suddenly hit me that my French home, which has until this very moment felt temporary and make-believe, is actually starting to feel like home.

What really triggered it was that I heard the jazz music playing downstairs (a sign that Monique is gone, she plays it for Pépère the cat) and it didn't even feel weird in the slightest.

And this note was on the table for me!
It says, "Hello/Good morning. You are certainly going to be the last to leave the house. Please (abbreviated SVP) lock the hallway door as usual. Thanks, have a good day! Monique" at least that's how I interpreted it, other French speakers might say otherwise :p I know that's what she wanted me to do, regardless.

Sometimes weird/creepy songs like "love makes the world go round, somebody soon will love you of nobody loves you now" come on though...

Bonjour Pépère!

And the weird song that I almost couldn't listen to this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment