2/16/2013

A bit more elaboration...

I realized that in my last post, I gave mostly the bad and the ugly on living with a host family...now it's time for some of the good:

1) My host mom does my laundry

2) My host mom sets the table and gets everything out for breakfast in the morning

3) My host mom buys cereal with REAL CHUNKS OF CHOCOLATE in it!

4) I'm actually learning what it means to be living in a traditional French household
         a) we wear house shoes (aka slippers) all the time
         b) things are more straight-forward, less sugar coated
         c) politics on tv all the time
         d) shutting off the water while you shower unless you're actually using it
         e) shutting off all lights unless you're using it
         f) Sunday lunches
         g) sometimes wine with lunch and dinner (I looked at my cheeks and wondered why they were flushed before I got in the shower....then I remembered the wine)
         h) galette des roi!

5) I have people in the house all the time...could be a good thing or a bad one, considering your outlook

6) Sometimes the dinners my mom makes are fun, like egg rolls and lychee! most of the time not though :p

7) Cheese.....all the time.....yum

Also, I'm just going to throw something out there....

.....


...........


the food here, in this country in general...


is not that good.

But there is a TON of cheap bread and cheese and wine, so that makes a difference.


Alright, I said it. I'm not 100% sure if this will be true or not, but I'm predicting I'll come back from Rome and say that the food there was better. Or maybe I'm just giving-in to stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment