4/11/2013

Integrating into the Family



Last weekend wasn't a hugely eventul one for me but it was one of the best ones I've had yet. On Friday Amanda and I bought some jordan almonds, which are popular here for celebrations but they're kind of expensive. They were super delicious and totally worth it though.




Then we went to the grocery store and I saw Heinz ketchup! So of course I had to take a picture of it :) it's fun when little things remind me of home.



Tanya sat down in a photo booth because she was tired and ended up finding change that someone forgot. And it was a 2 euro coin. That's over $2.50, people. I was jealous.



Then on Saturday I went out for a while by myself, just to get out. I ended up going to the mall and I bought myself an espresso and a mini-pastry. They were so yummy!


I had been meaning to take pictures of the train station because I really like it for some reason, so I decided to do that. That's the outside of it...


And inside there is a restaurant called "Le Pizzburg." I don't know why it's called that, but I'm pretty sure a French person would say the name of it the same exact way they would say Pittsburgh. So I think that's kind of awesome too.



Then I walked around to figure out what this one big building is that I have been wondering about. As it turns out, it's the city jail. Here's the entrance! For some reason, I feel like that's very French...




Then Saturday night I went to a costume party at my friend Eric's house. In the picture above is my friend Benedict...but I don't know what his costume was.

I decided to try to dress up as a lumber jack by wearing that hat, a red plaid shirt, and the fake moustache/soul patch that my sister (for some reason) sent me for Easter.

Then I ended up changing hats and I became...whatever that is.




I also saw all of these things on my walk on Saturday. I found all of this graffiti which is actually right by my house! I thought it was kind of cool looking :)

This is just something pretty I saw and wanted to take a picture of :p not many things are in bloom here yet so I have to cherish what actually is...
I took a picture of this creepy buy because everything about him screams French to me. But I can't exactly explain why...he just reminds me of a character from this show I know called Les Lascars.


I really liked this quote, it says, "To change the world is not your mission. To change yourself is your your right!"




...and then there was this.




This was in a different area from the rest of the graffiti but I still thought it was pretty neat.


And then on Sunday we had company. It was the first time we've had guests and it was pretty good. I've been bonding with my host family wayyyy more than I did earlier in the semester, though I don't know exactly why. I know it has to do with the fact that I've been more outgoing ever since I got back from Italy, then even more after Hope left, and now ever more that there's a younger kid in the house.

I'm really happy about it though. Randomly now every morning Monique and I do the bises (the kiss-kiss thing) so that's really French and different :P




No comments:

Post a Comment