3/09/2013

More about food....

OF COURSE I'm going to talk about food while I'm here in France. Just expect it to keep happening!

Last night for dinner my host mom made shrimp and salmon...I know I've talked about this before, but the seafood here is just so good...

The shrimp are like nothing I've ever had before; they're not the frozen kind with a mild flavor that we get in America, oh no. It's like eating a whole different food. 

Since they're fresh, my host mom literally just bought them this morning, they actually taste like the OCEAN! In the best way possible mmmmmm. And Monica, my host sister, likes to eat the heads! Not the eyeballs or things, she just sucks the guts out of the head...which sounds disgusting, but I bet it's actually pretty delicious.

One day I want to live in a coastal town so I can eat like this all the time. Oh and the reason I don't have pictures of my dinners here at home is because I would feel very awkward taking a photo of it, and I'm pretty sure it would make my family feel weird too :p

But I did just now get a picture of the left over shrimp from the fridge!

mmmmmmmmmmm so yummy


Soon I'll go to the Marché des Lices again and properly document how wonderful it is. I would do it today (it's only on Saturdays) but I really really need to do homework because I've got a busy weekend planned!

My host mom gave me free invitations to another dégustation so my friends and are going to that during the day (it will be well documented with photos, I'm so excited!

Then tonight my friend Tra (pronounced cha, she's from Vietnam!) is having a birthday party for her younger brother who is turning 18 and it's in Vitré, a town about 20 minutes away from Rennes by train. So we're sleeping at her house, meaning I won't be home again until tomorrow around lunchtime.

And I have lots of homework and studying to do, it's getting close to the middle of the semester so exams are starting to slowly pop up, plus I start my teaching on Thursday so I need to get my ideas organized and get some resources (like videos, songs, small texts, etc) to show my professor and get them approved.

I'm mostly thinking about showing them what will interest them, like all of the different things between French high school and American high school (there are actually a lot) while incorporating the idea of stereotypes by maybe showing them movie advertisements or commercials -- because those are entertaining and are FULL of stereotypes.

Well I'm gonna stop blabbing and get down to business. Hope you have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment