3/02/2013

Lazy Weekends

As it turns out, lazy weekends even happen in France. I'm totally fine with that though!

I got back on Thursday evening and have just been kind of lounging around for the last two days, with the exception of meeting up with Kelsey for lunch yesterday and to plan our spring break today. We went to this cafe that has the best chai tea ever and you get 4 or 5 glasses out of every pot. So overall it's a GREAT deal for 2.80 (euros, of course).

We decided that we're probably going to go to Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague (Czech Republic), and Zurich (Switzerland). That gives us 15 days to get to four cities which should make for a nice vacation that won't be too travel-dense. (Which is a good thing since traveling is stressful). Kelsey managed to figure out how to get all of our transportation for under 300 euro, which is pretty incredible too! I'm super excited :)

Anyway, I decided to write a blog because I've been having random thoughts (in my bored/unable (or unwilling) to concentrate mind) that I thought were kind of funny so I figured I'd write them down...I'll just make a list as they come to me.

1. It's a sad day when you find yourself googling "ways to make yourself do your homework"

2. I don't feel comfortable with the fact that there is no music playing in my house...Monique must really not be feeling well since it's been completely quiet in here all day long.

3. I've just told myself that I'm going to work "hard" on homework (aka actually do a little homework while I surf the internet for random nothingness" until dinnertime and then afterwards I'm free to watch whatever movies I want (it's still vacation, after all)

4. Before I leave Palermo I'm going to throw away all (or most) of my clothes since they'll be worn to death anyway as a way to get rid of weight in my suitcase

5. It's really sad that the boots I got around Thanksgiving are going to be completely torn apart by the time I leave...but at least that means I can throw them away too

6. How am I going to do laundry during the 3 weeks that I'm traveling around Italy when my program ends? I don't have that many clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment