3/10/2013

La météo rennaise

As it turns out, the weather here in Rennes is just as unpredictable as it is in Pittsburgh.

It has been BEAUTIFUL here for the last week; warm, sunny, hardly any rain at all. But here's the forecast for the next week...


As you can see, they're predicting it will be 32 on Tuesday but look at the temperature for "right now." I'll be honest with you though, it just started to downpour. There was even lightning...

I hope it doesn't snow on Tuesday, I don't know the snow day procedure at my university.

Anyway, my host mom's grandson will be here for the next week. His name is Adrian and he's 4 years old. It's so different having a little kid in the house yelling and playing the drums and saying funny things all the time.

A few things that happened just in the span of dinnertime:
-He asked why I have a thing in my nose 2 or 3 times

-He does not understand my name. He keeps calling me Alice (it has the same sounds as Holly in French) and when they corrected him and told him my name he was all confused because it sounds just like "au lit" which means go to bed. The look on his face was priceless! 

-When he asked why I was eating with them, my host mom's response was "Because she lives with us!" That felt pretty good to hear!


I'm glad he's here, I think that it'll loosen me up to have a kid around. I'm starting to get a little closer to my host family, it just takes me time. I'm still happy to be here though, I'm really getting used to things even if I do feel homesick sometimes :)

Also it's good to have a kid around just generally. My host mom seems happier (as I'm sure many grandparents are whenever their grandchildren come over, especially when they live far away -- he came all the way from Belgium! or possibly Germany, I don't know exactly which one). They are downstairs watching TV right now and I can hear her laughing, he real laugh. She has a more fake one which she usually does, the only time I ever heard her real laugh was when we watched Charlie Chaplain earlier in the semester. So it's nice to know that she's so happy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment