6/08/2013

Beaches, Mopeds, and Spleen with Sergio

Yesterday morning I arrived in Palermo! Here's how the last 2 days have gone:

Vespa ride to rent a movie. (On the way there we stopped in a parking lot and Sergio let me try to drive it! He has a picture that I'll post at a later date or maybe just on facebook).


Then we ate a sandwich that had 3 different types of fried potato on it :P


After that we met up with Sergio's mom to go grocery shopping for lunch. This is a fish market; if you look on the right there's a swordfish's head!


After lunch (delicious seafood) we went to the beach with some of Sergio's friends.




While we were there, I tried granite. (Prounounced granita). It seems pretty similar to a slushie to my unrefined palate.


For dinner we went to the center of Palermo to get a spleen sandwich. 



It was good, but the texture isn't something I could handle too often.

Then we bought 5 of these braceletes for 1 euro, wooh!


And afterwards we got gelato. I got banana just so I could rub it in my Uncle Tom's face once I get home (he kept asking for banana but they didn't have it when we were in Taormina). Yep, these are my family dynamics, people.

Then we spent all day today at the beach. If you can't tell from the picture, I'm getting a nice tan! Except for on my feet, which are burned to a crisp because I forgot to put sunscreen on them. Ouch. 


Oh, and that's an octopus that Sergio's holding. We're eating it tonight for dinner!

And later (at 10pm) we're going to the end of the year party for Sergio's girlfriend's high school. It's not really a dance, but there will be DJs and an open bar. Yep, I guess high schoolers get open bar events in Italy. I'm both excited and nervous...

It's nice to be ending my "eurotrip" in a beach town though! I will be heading home in 5 days...weird.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/16/2014

    Holly, I stumbled across your blog today, 07/16/14, with excitement because I am a descendant of Giovenco too! Thank you for sharing your amazing experiences while in Altavilla.

    ReplyDelete