6/03/2013

Bienvenuti in Sicilia!

Boats, buses, planes, cars...a better way to summarize today is to ask what mode of transportation we didn't take to get from Venice to Taormina, in Sicily.

Today has definitely been a highlight to my whole trip since I left Rennes. We got up at 5am to catch a plane from Venice to Catania...



And drove from Catania to Mount Etna...on the way stopping in a town to get lunch. The waiter didn't speak English but I ended up getting to practice a little bit of my French! Second time I've gotten to speak French with an Italian this trip :) ...


Took the scariest cable car ride I've ever been on to the top of Mount Etna, the tallest volcano (still active!) in Europe!...on the way up I think I almost cried. On the way down I was fine though :)


Hung out on the (almost) top of the volcano in the freezing cold (even though it was 80 degrees at the bottom of the mountain)



And finally arrived in Taormina! It's SUCH a beautiful place and everything about it is about 1000 times better than everything about mainland Italy.





It's been a longgggg but very good day. I'm glad to finally be in the warm weather! Even though I do have at least 10 bug bites at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment